This is considered "Light" Pasta Carbonara because it has HALF the calories of the restaurant favorite!!
Makes: About 6 Servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 lb Spaghetti
6 slices of bacon, diced
1 Cup of milk
2 Large eggs + 2 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti noodles & cook as directed on package. Drain the spaghetti & reserve 1 CUP of the pasta water!
2. Meanwhile add bacon to a large saute pan & cook over medium heat until slightly crispy. Drain on paper towel & reserve 2 TBSP of the bacon grease. Chop bacon into small pieces.
3. Blend milk, eggs, egg yolks & salt.
4. Heat bacon drippings over medium heat. Whisk in flour & cook for about a minute. QUICKLY pour in milk mixture whisking constantly to make sure the eggs do not scramble. Cook 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
5. Toss drained pasta with sauce, bacon, remaining 1/4 Cup of cheese & some of the reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with black pepper & Parmesan cheese just before serving.
1 bunch of fresh asparagus
1-2 Lemons (depending on how much you are making/lemon to taste)
chopped garlic to taste (I buy the little glass jars)
Freshly cracked pepper
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cut about 1- 1 1/2 inches off the bottom of each piece of asparagus. Line a cookie sheet in tin foil and place asparagus on the cookie sheet.
2. Fully cover each piece of asparagus in olive oil. Squeeze lemon juice (to taste- I like a lot) on asparagus and use a pastry brush to lightly cover in garlic.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
(our oven is absolutely nutso- we cooked ours for 7 minutes- I would keep an eye on your asparagus- you may need to leave them in the oven longer!)
Both of these recipes are super easy. From start to finish dinner was READY & on the table in less than 30 minutes!