Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sharlie's Angels


Today's blog post is about being inspired, hopeful, blessed, and most of all, thankful.

For the last few weeks I've been closely following Sharlie's progress through her lung/heart transplant. I've been able to follow her progress through her Sharlie's Angels Facebook page which is absolutely incredible to see the support she has.

The amount of love I feel for Sharlie, someone I've maybe seen twice in my life at Ali's house, is absolutely unreal.

The progress Sharlie has made since her surgery, and the trials she has been faced with throughout her life are real life examples of true faith. With every update on facebook about her progress, she has hundreds of "likes" and comments. People from all over are cheering for Sharlie and keeping her in their prayers.

There have been multiple times in the last few weeks I find myself teary at my desk, or with my mom reading Sharlie's updates and looking at pictures of the strongest woman fighting to become healthy and strong, and feeling such a connection to someone I don't even know. As I've read through her updates I've found myself in total awe that someone going through what she has, can be such a source of strength to everyone else.
Sharlie and her family are amazing examples to me.

Today I am thankful for Faith, Prayer and wonderful examples around me every single day. I'm thankful for my friends and wonderful family who keep me grounded, and remind me about the important things in life.

Sharlie and all of her family have been in my prayers every night.
What a wonderful, wonderful woman.
<3


1 comment:

  1. Loved this!! Totally surprised when I opened ip your blog page. Loved this!! Shar is such an angel! I talked with her yesterday and basically all she kept saying was how grateful she is. I'm not surprised she's touched your life! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Lovin