Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Words I Love

This quote is darling, and so true.
I was DEFINITELY sorry to see Spencer leave.

After about a month of being together EVERYDAY and experiencing new adventures together, Spencer finally had to go back to work yesterday. I've had been dreading yesterday for the last month. You'd think after almost a year of him going back and forth to work I'd be used to it by now, but no. I'd say it's become routine, but I certainly and not used to him leaving.

Before we got married on Spencer's weeks off, I had felt like my life and routine at home was put on hold. (For a good reason obviously.) My laundry piled up, my room became a mess.. I did NOT want to do laundry or spend time cleaning if I only had one week with Spencer. This last month has been so nice to feel like we've started a routine together.
OUR stuff, OUR laundry, OUR space and OUR things.

(This is my sad picture of the empty bed next to me last night.)

We have an interesting neighbor we've had a few... issues.. with.
Without going into detail, Spencer wasn't too comfortable with leaving me alone at our apartment for two weeks. I was totally fine alone until it was time to go to bed and I felt like I was panicking. Literally within seconds Spencer called to say sweethearts prayers together and asked that I would be safe alone in our apartment. Immediately I felt fine, safe, and exhausted.
I slept like a baby.
Falling asleep last night I was anticipating the scary walk to my car in the dark this morning but  when I woke up, I didn't feel scared. I opened the front door to begin the walk to the car and heard birds chirping and singing good morning from every tree. These tiny little birds that don't know any better let me know that I'd be okay, and today would be a good day.

Today I am thankful for singing birds and spring-like weather. I am thankful for Spencer, and in a strange way I'm thankful for his work schedule for making our time together even more priceless. I'm thankful for simple prayers, and I'm thankful for my family that lives close and takes good care of me.

Today is a good day to be thankful.


2 comments:

  1. I loved this Mikell! I absolutely LOVE your blog! Makes my day every time I read it. If you ever need anything before I move to Vernal in two weeks let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am thankful for beautiful friends like you :) this post was so great. i'm sad spenc has to leave you, but so happy that you married such a stud. love you lots kell!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Lovin