Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Change

 
I am not someone that's very good with change. I like my daily routine being the same, and I like fitting other fun plans into my already-set routine. Wake up at 5:15, let Winston out to run, do my makeup, get dressed, go to work, go to school... etc etc..
 
For the last year my 'normal' has been very little sleep, stressful weekends studying for tests, only two nights a week spent with Spencer, and pretty much feeling like I don't have time for anything I actually want to do.
 
Sometimes change is a great thing. I'm in my 5th month of pregnancy, (...wow) we are going to need to buy a new car in the next few months, I graduate in less than 3 months, I just got approved for a home loan & we are trying to find a house to make our home. These are all changes that bring me joy, {and also lots of anxiety} But they're good changes, and I'm excited.
 
This week I had the sweetest conversation with a friend, and have thought a lot this week.. This morning I was reading a blog and had the same aha-moment: That life can change in an instant. Where we can feel like our whole world has been tossed around and left upside down. And we will often wonder, 'why me?'
 
My 'normal' has become "being too tired" and "not having time" for simple everyday joys.. I feel weighed down because a trip to the grocery store or cleaning the bathrooms takes priority over hugging Spencer when I get home, or taking 5 minutes to talk about our days.
 
But Today, I'm going to be a little sweeter, and try a little harder to find joy in a hectic & busy schedule. I'll feel the sunshine on my face and be thankful for all that I have. Today I'm going to count my blessings rather than the things on my to-do list. And when I feel like running to my next errand, I just might slow down and take a deep breath.
 
Today, I'm going to start over.
Today I'm going to change.


5 comments:

  1. needed this like i need a gazillion dollars right now.
    "if you weren't happy with yesterday, try something different today."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. Thanks for the reminder! I probably hurry to do chores or start dinner when I get home and don't spend enough time saying "hi" to my husband. Note to self: people are more important than cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! That is an everyday struggle for me. I also just figured out how to follow your blog instead of linking it through your old one ... don't make fun of me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Lovin